Effective: July 11, 2022
To properly use the Site and our Services, providing some personal information is necessary. If you do not want any personal information collected, we kindly ask you to not use the Site. If you have already submitted information you can review, correct, or remove it from our records by logging into your account or contacting us via email@example.com.
We only collect “personal information” that you voluntarily provide to us. Personal information is information that can specifically identify you. Categories of personal information we may collect include:
- Identity Data, such as your name or other similar identifiers
- Contact Data, such as your address, email address and telephone numbers
- Financial Data, such as credit card, debit card or other payment card details
- Transaction Data, such as details about payments to and from you
- Technical Data, such as your internet protocol (IP) address, location data, your login data, and device and browser information
- Profile Data, such as your username and password, avatar (if you upload one) and other info you share with us on our Site
- Usage Data, which refers to information about how you use our Site
- Marketing and Communications Data, as indicated by your preferences in receiving marketing from us
We use your email to send you information about services, events and products, and our affiliates’ products, services, and to help us learn more about your user preferences. If you participate in a contest or promotion, we may use your personal information to send you emails, postal mail, or telephone (including text messages) regarding our services, contests, and promotions. You always have the choice to unsubscribe and not to receive marketing information or calls. Please log into your account to manage your communication preferences.
In addition, we may use information about you and your interests from us and our affiliates to help us improve our site design and your online experiences. We may contact you, subject to the choices you have made, via email, postal mail, or telephone, to conduct market research and learn more about how we can improve our service offerings.
From time to time, Cirak Inc and any advertisers that we may now or hereafter partner with may sponsor a promotion, sweepstakes, or contest on the Site. To participate in such promotions, sweepstakes, or contests, users may be asked to provide Personal Information including their name, email address, phone number or home address, or to answer personal questions for marketing purposes. Unless otherwise specified herein, Cirak Inc will not independently transfer Personal Information to its partners for their own marketing purposes. Your decision to participate in a sponsored promotion, sweepstakes or contest is entirely voluntary, and any information you provide by participating, including Personal Information, is entirely at your own risk and discretion.
The Site offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request the removal of your personal data from our blog or community forum, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your Personal Information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why. Because the Site provides users with the ability to communicate with other users and publish public commentary by posting content under the “Comments” section for each of our products, it is strongly recommended that you carefully monitor the information which you choose to share when posting content under the “Comments” section for any given product. Cirak Inc does not regularly monitor such information under the “Comments” section and is under no obligation to do so. Any Personal Information that you post in any “Comments” section may become a permanent part of the public domain and have unintended consequences. You are advised to use caution when posting anything under any “Comments” section.
Testimonials. We may display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent, we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, contact us at email@example.com.
Referrals. If you choose to use our “Refer a Friend” service to tell a friend about our Site, we will ask you for your friend’s information such as name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the site. We store this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program.
- User-submitted content, such as images, videos, questions, and comments, may be repurposed, reformulated, reformatted, or otherwise utilized throughout the Site, on landing pages, social media, partner sites, advertising campaigns, marketing material, or as part of current or future media and merchandise, including – but not limited to – books, magazines, mugs, podcasts, television, and press releases, without the express consent of the submitting individual. No remuneration of material, financial, or service-based nature is provided for the repurposing of said user-submitted content unless specifically outlined in any accompanying contest rules or request for submission. Any personally identifiable information is always kept confidential unless specifically consented to by submitting individual.
Except in the limited circumstances set forth below, we will not sell, share or disclose Personal Information it collects to third parties without your prior consent.
- Our employees, agents and contractors must have a business reason to obtain access to your Personal Information. We may share your Personal Information with those who help us manage or provide the Services (e.g., message board administration, statistical analyses, data processing, and order fulfillment), or with outside contractors, agents or sponsors who help us with the administration, judging and prize fulfillment aspects of contests and promotions.
- These outside contractors or agents may temporarily store some information on their servers, but they may only use your Personal Information to provide us with a specific service and not for any other purpose. We may also provide your Personal Information to a third party in those instances where you have chosen to receive certain information and have been notified that the fulfillment of such a request requires the sharing of your Personal Information. We also may share your Personal Information with companies that are affiliated with us if we have a business reason to do so.
Order Fulfillment. Once you purchase a product or service or registered for an event from us while on the Site, we may share with a third party the information that is necessary to fulfill the order for that purchase or registration. For example, if you make a purchase on the Site using your credit card, your credit card number may be securely passed (via encryption) on to our credit card processing agent and/or the card’s issuing institution. Likewise, the sales transaction information associated with your purchase, such as your shipping and/or billing address, email address, telephone number and purchase description, may be shared with an online payment service provider if you have elected for us to retain any of this information within your account profile.
Brand and Licensing Partners. We provide brand partners with certain basic information required for them to perform their contractual obligation to us. Our brand partners are not permitted to retain said information or to directly market to the individuals whose information the partner has received only from us.
Social Media. Our Site may include social media features, such as the Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter buttons. These features may also collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our Site, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. These features may also give you the option to post information about your activities on our Site to your profile page to share with others within your social network. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy notice of the company providing them.
Legal Compliance. We may disclose visitors’ Personal Information when such disclosure is:
- necessary to conform to legal requirements or other legal process
- necessary to enforce or apply our Terms and other related agreements; or
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Cirak Studios, our employees, our visitors or other members of the general public.
California Privacy Rights. Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of personal customer information which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the address found under the How to Contact Us section.
Business Transfers. As we continue to develop our business, we may sell or buy companies, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, visitor information, including Personal Information, is generally considered an asset but remains subject to the terms and conditions of the Privacy Notice. In addition, we may transfer your personal data to a successor entity upon a merger, consolidation or other corporate reorganization in which Cirak Inc participates or to a purchaser of all or substantially all of Cirak Inc’s assets to which this Site relates. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal data, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal data.
You may manage your information and communication preferences at any time by logging into your Site account. The changes you make take effect immediately.
The Site is not intended for use by individuals under 18 year of age. If we obtain actual knowledge that we are holding Personal Information of someone under 18 years of age, we will proceed to delete that person’s account and all personal information without notice.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent information about you from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. However, due to the inherent open nature of the Internet, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information provided online. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data breach that will affect you and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Our Site may contain links to other Sites, including to our marketing partners. We do not control the privacy promises or practices of these websites. You should review those policies before providing any Personal Information. While we do our best to only affiliate with responsible and conscientious partners, we are not responsible for the content or practices of any linked websites, and we provide these links solely for the convenience and information of our visitors.
Furthermore, with respect to any Personal Information originating outside the United States, we will retain such information until we determine that you are no longer active within our system.
The Legal Basis for Using European Personal Information
- When we collect information about you through our Site the legal basis on which we process your Personal Information is fulfillment of an agreement between us, namely, to provide you with the products and services or the newsletters and other information marketing our products in response to your request.
- When we collect information about you through our Site, the legal basis on which we process your Personal Information is the performance of our agreement with you to purchase or review products. When we use your Personal Information outside of what is strictly necessary for that transaction, we are doing so toward our legitimate interest of informing you of related products and promotions.
- To the extent that we transfer Personal Information from the EEA to a jurisdiction outside the EEA that has not been adduced by the European Commission as providing adequate data protections (such as the U.S.), the basis for such transfer is the necessity of providing you with information, products, or services you have requested.
Rights for EEA Residents
In addition, if you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to :
- Find out if we use your Personal Information, to access your Personal Information, and receive copies of your Personal Information.
- Withdraw any express consent that you have provided to the processing of your Personal Information at any time without penalty.
- Access your Personal Information and have it corrected or amended if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Obtain a transferable copy of some of your Personal Information which can be transferred to another provider when the Personal Information was processed based on your consent.
- If you believe your Personal Information is inaccurate, no longer necessary for our business purposes, or if you object to our processing of your Personal Information, you also have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your data pending our investigation and/or verification of your claim.
- Request your Personal Information be deleted or restricted under certain circumstances. For example, if Cirak Inc is using your Personal Information on the basis of your consent and has no other legal basis to use such, you may request your Personal Information be deleted when you withdraw your consent.
- If you wish to exercise any of these rights, or raise a complaint on how we have handled your Personal Information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to the address below.
When we receive formal written complaints, it is our policy to contact the person regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between Cirak Inc and an individual.